KITABEE Academy Terms and Conditions
This agreement sets out the Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) of your enrolment with KITABEE Academy, run by the Institute of Australia Middle East Business and Education Pty Ltd (“KITABEE Academy”, “the Academy” or “we”).
If you are under 18 years of age, you will need one of your parents/legal guardians to enter this agreement on your behalf. In that case, both you and your parents/legal guardians will need to ensure compliance with the T&Cs. Following, “you” and “yours” will then refer to both you and, where applicable, your parents/legal guardians.
- We'll always do our best to fulfil your needs and meet your expectations. We like to keep things simple. We have no desire to get you to commit to anything you really don’t want or need. We want what’s best for both of us, now and in the future. You have showed interest in learning Arabic, therefore: We will provide you with an online learning program which may be varied from time to time aimed at supporting your learning needs (“Service”) that includes:
- the provision of a learning plan incorporating a course or program of learning;
- the possible allocation a specialist tutor/s matched to your needs; and
- access to the KITABEE Academy learning platform and content designed to meet your learning objectives
- We will maintain the confidential nature of your personal information, academic performance and use of the KITABEE Academy platform, subject to your consent.
- We will notify you of any changes to fees charged by KITABEE Academy for the Service. You are under no obligation to accept such fee changes, and should you elect not to accept such fee changes you may cancel your enrolment and receive a refund in respect of payments for unused sessions in accordance with the Refund Policy.
- Need access to a computer with the latest version of the browser, a camera and microphone, and reasonable internet access.
- Be required to attend each Session on the date and time that you have booked, noting that each Session can be changed by you prior to any Session commencing, subject to the Rescheduling or Cancelling conditions below.
- Use your best endeavours to watch video materials and complete tasks as requested before each Live Tutoring Session.
- Pay for the books and Online Classes up front, as well as paying for Sessions on monthly basis upfront. Failure to do so means that KITABEE Academy will not provide the Session or Service. Where you cancel a pre-paid Live Tutoring course before you complete the committed number of Sessions, you should provide KITABEE Academy with two-weeks' notice, in which you still can have classes with the tutor. KITABEE Academy will then refund any payment you have made upfront for upcoming lessons, if any. Commitments for the first four Sessions of each new enrolment will not be refundable if the Service is cancelled by you. This is to recover the costs associated with setting up your learning program and securing your tutor.
- Only communicate with your KITABEE Academy tutor/s through the KITABEE Academy learning platform and communication systems.
- Comply with KITABEE Academy policies and procedures as updated by the Academy from time to time. This includes you consenting to KITABEE Academy:
- recording and reviewing some/all Sessions for the purpose of quality assurance and internal training; and
- recording some data from Sessions for the purpose of diagnosing your current proficiency and learning requirements, ssessing and reporting on your academic performance and progress, and to use in educational research
- Respect the fact that KITABEE Academy has invested significantly in the development and curation of the learning content hosted on the Academy learning platform. This content is only to be used by you and you undertake not to provide access to this content to any third parties.
In case things don’t go according to plan
We will always try to deliver our Service in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard reasonably expected from a qualified tutor using our platform and content. But we can’t guarantee that everything will be error-free. Because we are delivering some of our services online depending on hardware and software, things might not work out exactly as planned. We always put our students first and we commit to you that:
- If time is lost during one of your Sessions due to the late arrival of the tutor or due to technical issues on the tutor’s end, we will compensate you for the loss of time by rescheduling a Session to another date and time that is agreed between you and the tutor to make up for such loss or provide you with a proportional refund.
- If a tutor cancels a Session, KITABEE Academy will give you the chance to book another Session with the same tutor, or if this is not convenient to you KITABEE Academy will give you the chance of booking the Session at the same time but with another tutor with similar qualifications and experience.
- If you failed to book sessions with a tutor within the first three months from enrolment date, Kitabee Academy will assist you book make-up classes with a tutor. But if classes are not booked for more than three months from the enrolment date, for reasons not related to any technical issues on Kitabee Academy's side, Kitabee Academy does not guarantee make-up classes for the missed classes. If the 30 week program ends and the client fails to book any class, for reasons not related to any technical issues on Kitabee Academy's side, Kitabee Academy is not to provide any make-up classes beyond the end of the program.
- You or KITABEE Academy may cancel your enrolment with KITABEE Academy at any time and for any reason by providing notice in accordance with the specific cancellation notice periods. In such case, you will have no further financial obligations to KITABEE Academy and the Academy will have no further obligations to provide Services to you.
To make a request for a refund, you must provide us with enough details about your request to consider it. Please contact us via email at [email protected] to lodge your request for a refund.
The results of using KITABEE Academy services may vary and depend upon a range of factors including for reasons that are personal to you. KITABEE Academy does not guarantee that use of the Service will lead to an improvement in language proficiency or results. To the full extent permitted by law, you will hold KITABEE Academy blameless for any act or omission relating to the Service and you will indemnify KITABEE Academy from any dispute, action, claim or proceedings relating to the provision of the Service to you and KITABEE Academy will not be responsible for any losses or damages.
KITABEE Academy may, from time to time and within its absolute discretion, vary the terms and conditions, policies, procedures and website information that are referenced here in these T&Cs. If these T&Cs are accepted, the resultant agreement and any dispute arising in relation to it are governed by the law of the Australian Capital Territory, Australia.
Notwithstanding the above, you may have rights and obligations under the Australian Consumer Law that cannot be excluded by these terms and conditions.
Rescheduling or Cancelling a Session
If a Session is changed within 48 hours of the scheduled Session, you will not be offered a refund or rescheduling.
If a Session is changed with more than 48-hours' notice prior to the Session, you will not be offered a refund of the Session cost, but same- or next-month rescheduling is possible. Rescheduling is permitted only twice during a 30-week course. If you have used the two permitted Session rescheduling options offered to you, any unused Sessions will be charged.
Cancellation, Refund, and Procedure
Purpose and scope
This policy applies to the refund of tutoring session fees that have been paid by students/parents (‘you’ or ‘yours’) to the Institute of Australia Middle East Business and Education Pty Ltd (‘KITABEE Academy’).
KITABEE Academy offers two Service options:
- Self-guided study, which includes the purchase of “books only” and “books and online Course”. KITABEE Academy does not offer refund on purchases of these two services. The online course access is valid for one year only since the activation date. Therefore, we ask you to make sure that the address you provide to the Academy is correct, so you get the course materials, and that you make sure to finish the course within the offered year.
- Live one-on-one tutoring, which includes course materials as well as one-on-one classes with one of our experienced tutors for the period nominated in the offer you purchased. Payment is processed prior to the first scheduled Session to allow enough time for course materials to reach your nominated postal address. Payment is made by monthly instalments. The first monthly payment is not refundable as it covers the cost of course materials shipped to you. If, for any reason, you decide to cancel your subscription, you need to provide the Academy with at least 2-weeks' notice. You are still eligible to use the Services within the notice period. If you decide to cancel your subscription within the first month of enrolment, the first monthly instalment is not refundable, and the notice starts from the day of the second payment. You are still offered the Services provided within the notice period, which amounts to two tutoring Sessions. The Academy will refund the rest of the monthly payment since every monthly payment covers four one-on-one sessions with our tutors. The online course access is valid for one year only since the activation date.
Cancellation where there is a failure in delivery of a Session
Under Australian Consumer Law, the tutoring Sessions offered by KITABEE Academy come with the guarantee that they will be:
- provided with acceptable care and skill or technical knowledge and taking all necessary steps to avoid loss and damage;
- fit for the purpose or provide the services that the Academy and you agreed to; and
- delivered within a reasonable time frame of the scheduled Sessions
KITABEE Academy is legally obliged to provide a full refund if requested, where there is a ‘major failure’ of one or more of the guarantees. A major failure occurs where the service:
- is substantially unfit for its purposes and cannot easily be fixed with a reasonable time; or
- does not meet the specific purpose that it was intended for and cannot easily be fixed within a reasonable time period.
If the failure that has occurred is not a major failure but is still a failure on the part of KITABEE Academy, the Academy is required to rectify the failure. This might involve, but is not limited to, rescheduling a tutoring Session, or part of a tutoring Session.